Friday, June 25, 2010

Happy FIRST BIRTHDAY!!


Emma Grace,

You are ONE YEAR OLD today! No longer measured in months, it's years from here on out! It doesn't even seem possible that you have been with us for a year already. Time is flying by.


You are such a good baby (the experts call you a toddler now! but you're still my baby!). You continue to sleep 12 hours every night. In the morning, we hear you banging on the wall behind your crib or shaking your crib rails. You rarely cry for us. You have fun playing in your crib. You love to throw your pacis and stuffed animals overboard, so we usually find things in the middle of the room when we come in to get you.


You LOVE to eat. You eat all of your food, then beg for ours. You have really picked up the sign language we have taught you quite well now and constantly sign for more. We're now trying to differentiate between milk and more, so we will have a better idea of what it is that you want more of. Sometimes when I go in to get you in the morning, you immediately sign for more! You will do the sign for all done, but never on your own. It's only when we tell you that you're all done. I don't think you would ever tell us that you were done if we didn't make you!

You still take two naps, usually close to two hours each. I really enjoy that break during the day, so I'm hoping you'll keep that up for a while longer. During the day, you do a great job at playing on your own. You have so many new toys now (thanks to your birthday party!) and you enjoy playing with them. Your current favorites are the baby doll, stroller, balls, phone, and remote. You also love the real remote and real phone. When you're not playing with your toys, you're emptying out my purse, your bin of books, drawers in the kitchen, etc. If unpacking is a profession, you were made for it!

You say ma ma, dog, ball, hi, bye, da (for daddy, I think), and the latest is bia and we have no idea what you're trying to say but you say it constantly! You wave to people and still like to act shy sometimes. It's such an act...you love attention!


You love to walk around the house with one of your walkers or baby stroller, but won't quite do it on your own. You can walk if I'm holding one hand, but the second I let go you sit down. I know you are capable of doing more than you think you can, but you'll get there on your own time. You cruise around the house by holding on to furniture, tables, the wall, etc. You can get pretty far that way.

We have turned around your car seat, so you now face forward and you love it. Another milestone! You still enjoy walks in the stroller and lately have added walks with the wagon (thanks to Grandaddy and Cee Cee) and bike rides (thanks to Papa and Grandma). You enjoy swimming at our neighborhood pool and have been in the Atlantic Ocean for the first time this month.

Baby Girl, when I saw you in the hospital for the very first time, I thought you were the most beautiful baby and I couldn't imagine loving anything more. Yet, a year later, you are far more beautiful and I love you ten times more. I am so excited for all the milestones you are going to reach this next year. Being your Mommy is my favorite title. I love you. Happy Birthday.


No comments: